Live Sand from this site

mande51334

can anyone who is using LS from this site tell me how it is, the description says it MAY include copepods and worms. want to get good quality LIVE sand is all so i can make the other 4" of sand i have already live too.

drew2005

Copepods and certain worms are beneficial to a saltwater tank. I havent bought LS from this site but I trust this site and their products.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I used mostly the Live Keys sand as well as the bagged Nature's Ocean to set up my DSB and it was excellent stuff. That said, you still need to seed your DSB yourself with appropriate detritivores, many of which will come off of LR, but others you will need to add. Some of the best being a signal fighting conch, nass snails and spaghetti worms.

blemmy_guy

Ive got 80 lbs of ls from this site, it had some pods, but no worms or anything else that i saw. It was very good stuff, Ive never ordered a bad thing from this site. todd

evieb

I ordred 40lbs of ls from this site and am very pleased with it. I placed it on top of some sand I already had to seed it. The first night I stayed up to see if I could see anything in it and sure enough when I aimed the flashlight with the red lense at the sand I could see the worms moving around. It is a bit expensive but worth it. You get what you pay for! :yes:

snipe

There little tiny bug looking things that are good to have in the tank. They eat unwanted stuff and feed the fish.