Live sand H2O

coop21

I read the same question I'm about to ask a while back, but forgot where I saw it. Also forgot the answer!!
Anyway, do you add the water that comes in a bag of live sand? It looks murky and nasty. Thanks for your help and sorry about the repetitive question.

bobber

I would say yes. Although a water change shortly after the addition wouldn't hurt. That is a good point though. You wouldn't want to add the water from the lfs, so why add the water from LS. I suppose you could put a hole in the top of the bag to pour the water out of slowly, but I would think that the bacteria would be at risk. Better to do a water change like I said to be on the safe side. HTH--Bob

nm reef

Never really gave it muchthought.....added the ls water and all.....didn't notice a problem.......and I think most folks just add the bags contents water included...........never saw this kicked around before but a very good question........

landmeier

Hey Bobber, my grandparents were originally from Elk Grove Village. I was wondering if you know where Landmeier Rd. is? It's named after them and I too have the name.

bobber

No kiddin! I work 5 seconds away from Landmeier Road! Do you ever come down to Chicago? --Bob

landmeier

My parents live in Rockford and my brother lives in Island Lake if you know where that is. I go to school at the Univ. of Minnesota and usually come home in the summers but I am staying up here this summer. I come around once in awhile.