Local Fish Stores

dchec2100

I thought some of you might share what reputable local fish stores you have found and come to trust. Perhaps we could list them by state? If seen multiple threads with people asking about them, but not one big thread. I'll start...
CONNECTICUT:

:happyfish Fin and Feather (Groton)
:happyfish Pet-O-Rama (Queen St, Southington)
Any CT residents know of any other good ones? How about other states?

doglvr

Originally Posted by PonieGirl
OREGON : Sea Scapes
Nui Kai
I found both of these LFS's to be super. Nui Kai has been around for years and years, and their marine fish person has 3 huge tanks at home so she has "experience." Sea Scapes is strictly marine & fairly new in town. The owners are super nice, and most of my little nano reef stock has come from them because they "trade" with me (I have a candle business).
Word of warning - stay away from the Grange.....they know nothing about setting up tanks and tried to cheat me on LR, saying it weighed 6 pounds, when it fact is was 2.02 pounds, grr!
They lost all my business, forever, over that! The salesgirl was a

[hr]
about it too, especially when I caught the 2.02 on the scale before she could turn it off. She stormed back to the fish room and handed me over to someone else.

emperor11

Originally Posted by Travis89
MICHIGAN

Preuss Pets (Lansing)
Sting Ray Bay (Detroit Area)
VI Pets (Grand Rapids area)
Ocean Dreams (Coopersville)

puffer9006

maryland
excotics aquatic (carny)
toms tropicals (perry hall)
toms doesnt have a big selection but thier really cheap and if you come in on deleverly day which is every monday you get some good stuff. like a rbta for $35. plus i work thier.

sea horse

Texas - (Austin)
Aqua Dome - It's been around since my mom was a kid! The best LFS I'v found in austin, never seen a sick fish there, and they have a good selection too.

victoria

Fort Lauderdale area Good shops..my experience
World of Tropical Fish: SERVICE #1 Scott offers Excellent Service and is a joy to work with, Dependable, helpful and not all about the $. Highly recommend.
Old Interocean: New name and owner, he helped me out in an emergency, great guy with great coral selection as well. He is all about quality.
Coral Seas Pets (Knowledge and experience, he lives aquaria)
Brand new shop Coral Reef Farm Aquatics in Hollywood...very kewl, rare coral collection
will be huge, started by a guy from Reefs Edge
JAWZ.net Very nice selection of corals at very reasonable prices, helpful
Nemo's: Great deals on frags
Exotic Aquatic: Nice but bad advice given a few times(not by owner). Healthy corals though.
Also, a new shop opening Dixie and Commercial Living Reef Aquarium Luis (had warehouse spot).

crazyzeus1

Texas, Dallas area:
Dallas North Aquarium.
They do all our tank service, designed & installed our tank (when we had no clue), and that is where we have purchased all of our livestock (except for 1 clown goby). They are super knowledgeable, very helpful.
They did have a MAJOR fire in their store May 3rd, and are having their grand re-opening July 10th. They lost 90% of the store, including all livestock...makes me sick just thinking about it. They have lots of pictures on their website of the damage & rebuilding. Just Google Dallas North Aquarium, and there are links to pictures on their website.
That's my vote--I don't know what the store will be like when they reopen, if they'll have their massive stock of fish/corals/etc. at first, or if they'll have to build up their stock again. But we're going to check it out!

fedukeford

New York:
creature comforts (binghamton)
natures best fish (vestal)
livingstons animal kingdom (binghamton)
the reef shoppe (rochester)
marine oasis (rochester)
and theres another in rochester but i forget the name

anonome

Virginia
Fredricksburg area (worth the drive)-- MARU Pets excellent saltwater fish, Fantastic corals very reasonably priced.
Chantilly area-- The Marine Scene, wide variety of livestock. They also have website and can hold or order for you. They also sell RO/DI water for those that don't have their own units.

puffer32

Originally Posted by crazyzeus1
Texas, Dallas area:
Dallas North Aquarium.
They do all our tank service, designed & installed our tank (when we had no clue), and that is where we have purchased all of our livestock (except for 1 clown goby). They are super knowledgeable, very helpful.
They did have a MAJOR fire in their store May 3rd, and are having their grand re-opening July 10th. They lost 90% of the store, including all livestock...makes me sick just thinking about it. They have lots of pictures on their website of the damage & rebuilding. Just Google Dallas North Aquarium, and there are links to pictures on their website.
That's my vote--I don't know what the store will be like when they reopen, if they'll have their massive stock of fish/corals/etc. at first, or if they'll have to build up their stock again. But we're going to check it out!
Can't wait to check it out too