Long Tentacle Plate Coral

redspot321

I have one I have never feed. Having said that I have seen it eat mysis and even flake food that has fallen on it.
I think either way your fine

It looks really nice so far, its green...on the sandbed up against some rocks, its under MH's so It should be fine, it will probably eat the flakes I feed my fish in the morning :O

bang guy

IMO everything with a digestive system needs to feed. If it's not capturing food by itself then it should be spot fed.

When I feed my fish every week I put flakes in the morning, so I'm hoping he can catch some. I think I will still feed him a small piece of Krill every week. Thats what he was fed at the LFS.

mr_x

i vote spot feed with fresh meaty foods.
what's the final word on these anyway? i've always kept the short tentacle types, but was always afraid to try the long tentacle due to the rumors. are they hardy if kept in a stable tank, or will they fade away like alot of people say?

Mine looks really good right now, it's tentacles are so long in the MH. What are theese rumors? I've heard it CAN eat small fish, but it doesn't touch my clowns and my yellow-watchman never goes near it lol, do I just put the food right up near its mouth? like put my hand in the tentacles basically?

mr_x

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2701368
What counts as "fresh meaty foods"? Like silversides or something?
i use a mixture of fresh seafood from the supermarket(this time i bought shrimp, scallops a couple clams, and whatever white meat fish they had available) to feed my lps and fish, but you can use a piece of shrimp, some misis shrimp, silverside...anything really.

mr_x

Originally Posted by ChronicCoral35
http:///forum/post/2701440
do I just put the food right up near its mouth? like put my hand in the tentacles basically?

that's what i do...just take a piece of fish or whatever and gently put it in the corals tentacles. leave all flow off for about 20-25 minutes so they can pull it in, and watch that shrimp and those thieving nassarius snails don't steal it.
for the corals with smaller mouths, i use a giant syringe and fill it with some of this meaty stuff and perhaps some cyclo-peeze and misis, and squirt a bit over the whole coral.
this syringe-