long tinicle anemone....sick or normal

churchphil

About two months ago I purchased a long tinicle anemone which was white with green tips and a beautiful orange trunk. Over the last month or so his tinicle have turned a light orange and his trunk/foot is white. Any ideas????

gati

anytime they start to loose their coloring, it is never a good sign. you test your water?

masala4080

what are the water paramaters, what type of lighting are you using? Sounds like it is becoming bleached. Like said before, its not a good sign and could be due to bad water qualities or not enought lighting.

churchphil

my calcium is 450 and all of my other reading within normal limits as well. I do water changes every two weeks. The lighting is two 10K and two actinic 30W. My green carpet is doing great, he's almost a year old now. I think my long tentacle was bleached when I got him and maybe now he's returning to normal from what I've been reading. I'd like to upgrade my lighting system. Got any suggestions?

myfishkids

I had the same situation with my long tentacle. I have had it now about 6 months and the foot is just starting to regain it's orange color. It has been growing and healthy all along, so maybe it is the stress of moving that makes them lose their foot color.:confused:

T

thomas712

Originally posted by churchphil
The lighting is two 10K and two actinic 30W.

Can you explain that a little better please. What is the total watts?