Longest living fish

900dublr

Im not sure if anyone has started a thread like this, but I see alot of threads about fish deaths. I just started my tank a month and a half ago and I hope my fish get to live a long life. Whats the oldest fish in your tank and has it gone through any diseases?

bang guy

My Yellow Tang is now at least 12 years old. It had Ick once that I know of and a long bout with Scale Flukes. It also had HLLE when I got it but that healed up just fine.

O

osufarker

Originally posted by Bang Guy
My Yellow Tang is now at least 12 years old. It had Ick once that I know of and a long bout with Scale Flukes. It also had HLLE when I got it but that healed up just fine.

How large is your yellow tang after 12 years? I'm curious what their true max size is in captivity.

reefeel

I think the thing with fish is the biggest lives longest while the smallest the leastest. My 2 damsels are the oldest in my tank 4 months. My snowflake eel is second at 3 months he should be one that lives long.

fishbytes

Does fresh water fish count? I had a Longnose Gar for almost 10 years. The big blackout got him. Most of my fresh water fish live for 3 plus years easy. I do agree with reefeel, the bigger tend to have the upper hand, er fin in life. :yes: As far as diseases go, keep a close eye on any new additions :) I am just setting up my salt tanks so no comment for now.

mytank

Our little clown fish is 5 years old and just a swimming fool, he does laps 24/7 just loves swimming across the tank