longhorned cowfish???

watever91

i've wanted one of these for years but the tank was never set up. so now im picking my fish and was wondering is a cowfish would be good for a 55 gallon corner reef tank.

ric maniac

cowfish can get up to 12 inches long. they need a large tank. the same goes for boxfish. they both require 150+ gallon tanks

sepulatian

Originally Posted by watever91
i've wanted one of these for years but the tank was never set up. so now im picking my fish and was wondering is a cowfish would be good for a 55 gallon corner reef tank.
Longhorns can grow to 20 inches. They need at least a 180 and cannot go with aggressive fish. They are shy at first and often hard to feed. They don't stay so cute when they get older. They spook easily. By that I mean that the light in the room turning on when the tank is dark can scare the heck out of them. When they get scared they can release a toxin that will wipe your entire system out. This is more common in adult specimens. Being that lights alone can spook them into releasing toxins, the water quality is EXTREMELY important. They are cool fish if you can get them to eat and keep their environment stress free. Not a fish for a 55.