Look Down fish

dr. jay

Hi guys... I just got myself a look down fish which I am in the process of quaranteening. I cant really find any good info on these guys. I know they get very large. The are mega interesting, and really fun to watch eat.
I was wondering if anybody there has any info on these guys. ie How is there disposition? Ick prone? dietary habits? Who not to mix with? There mouths open very wide, so I am assuming they pick on small fish, but does any body there know for sure???
Dr. Jay

musipilot

This is all I could find:
The Threadfin Lookdown, sometimes known as the Lookdown, is best known for how thin it is, and its bright, shimmering blueish-silver scales which are highly reflective.
A 125 gallon or larger aquarium with peaceful tank mates, particularly those that are not fin nippers, is necessary.
The diet of the Threadfin Lookdown consists of meaty foods and occasional live items.
Not reef safe.

fishmanmn

i work in a fish store(i am 15 so its for the mopney and the knoledge)
and the lookdowns are DiFFERENT but u said before that u just got 1, did u ask thevmifthe 1 that u have is a dwarf or normal because in my store we have some of the dwarf ones and they get to about 8" if not smaller