Look

A

alexmir

I have never seen a leather that bright, especially not that pink, nor even heard of a pink finger leather....
IS this one yours? Im going with it being dyed.

steelgluer

No its not mine its on that action place. I seen it and was like wow they have a orange one there too you should see that. If there not dyed ill be a buyin and a fraggin.

phtby

i think it deffinately died i had a small piece and i was looking it up......this is what i found

Leather Coral: Finger Leather: Hairy Purple
Latin Name Capnella
Common Name Leather Coral: Finger Leather: Hairy Purple
Also known as Purple Hairy Finger Leather, Kenya Tree, Capnella, Finger Leather
Fast Facts PLEASE NOTE: Purple Hairy Finger is rarely available, never plentiful and usually sells out Monday or Tuesday, so ACT FAST WHEN AVAILABLE!
One of the most popular, and best of all soft corals for the aquarium, the Hairy Finger Leather, (also known as Capnella and Kenya Tree) Corals are have a highly branching form. The branches are covered in large, conspicuous polyps. These corals grow quickly and can quickly become a showpiece. It is highly photosynthetic and does best in bright lighting and strong water movement, but they can adapt to a wide variety of conditions, and thrive in most well maintained reef aquariums. The occasionally seen Pink Hairy Finger Leather is artificially died in Indonesia, where they are collected. The dye eventually fades, but it takes forever and does not harm the coral at all. This is an immensely popular, super hardy coral.

phtby

i personally think it is ridiculous because people that dont take the time to research on it will be buying something for higher prices because of it color and availablitiy .. here to find out they have a coral that is died..... shame on them and shame on the merchants that try to pass it off as some spectacular coral...

A

alexmir

Nope, First its just a few seaweed doobies here and there, next thing you know your snorting salt crystals and begging for change to get a few hits of ph buffer!!!!!!

reefkprz

sarcophytons do not come in that color...... naturally. yellow, greenish, green, and shades of tan. bright pink is not natural..... there are colts that come close to pink but not the super pink yourseeing there that is dyed IMO.

reefkprz

basicly they soak them in food coloring dyed water *(or use a similar dye) the corals pass the water throughout their bodies becomeing impregnated with the dye. eventually all the artificial color comes out returning the coral to its original color if it lives that long. generally dyed corals tend to die easily and quicker than can be attributed to nature.