Looking for a Dachshund

mimzy

Hey all! My Husband and I are looking to adopt a doxie - doesn't matter what age, but we would prefer a male. I've got applications in to a bunch of different rescue places, but none of them have dogs available right now, and I figured I'd put a note on here just in case someone happens to know of a doxie needing a home.
Thanx in advance!

monalisa

Hi Mimzy,
Have you looked into doxie rescue organizations in your area? Great way to give a deserving little creature a good forever home.
Lisa :happyfish

gsd

Dachshunds........the best darn dog in the whole universe. We have 6 of them. Two smooth, two wirehaired, and two long haired. Its amazing how personalities are affected with the coat types in these dogs......I read an article on it one time and if we did not have smooth and long haired at the time I would have called it a lie or bull........but its the facts.
They certainly are one little fearless dog with a big personality and a barrel of laughs.......with a penchant to dig.......

mimzy

Lisa, I have indeed looked into doxie rescue groups - There are about 5 of them in my general area, and I've got applications in to all of them. Unfortunately for me, none of them have dogs that would work in my house at the moment. We've got 2 cats, and it's difficult to find adult dogs who've been properly socialized with cats

GSD, I agree!! I've wanted a doxie since I was a little kid, I cannot WAIT to finally welcome one into my home!!!