looking for anenome

olga21

hello, I was looking for a new anenome. I have a condi, and a long tentacle in 100 gallon tank. I was wondering if I could buy a neat, pretty bling bling anenome to put with them? I heard that mixing anenomes are bad but I have had these two togather or a couple years. Also, Im not big on carpet are bubble anenomes b/c I here they are aggresive. Im not sure what that means but I have a fowlr. thanks

mboswell1982

olga, you dont need to keep bumping, when someone reads this who can answer, they will gladly answer, it just might take a lil time, so need to keep bumping to bring it to the top, even if it doesnt show on the top, it still shows as a new post, so once someone sees it, reads it, an knows the answer, u will find out:p
remember, patience wins in this hobby

oneradtek

bump bump, BTA arent aggressive but they do tend to move around sometimes when they are not happy, i have 2 BTA and i love them both they are awesome! and non-aggressive

olga21

Yea, I love the bta's and I think they are beutiful. Are your bta's the same species? So should I just get one big bta are carpet anenome? Also do anenomes help reduce nitrates?

keri

Anemones do not reduce nitrates/trites, really they need water that doesn't have them. I wouldn't go with a carpet anemone as they grow quite big (3 feet for some of them) unless you're going to commit the whole tank to it. There are an amazing variety of beatiful BTAs (bubble tip anemones) out there, including bright red ones, but remember the more types of anemones you have the greater the chance they will wage chemical warfare on one another.

olga21

Yea, after reading about him I dont thank he would fit in. I have 3 Koralia 3's in my 90 gallon tank. Well I guess the reading and research must go on. thanks for answering!

olga21

Whats this chemical warfare I read about? I hear after a while anenomes release toxins that hurt other mixed anenomes. My anenomes have bee togather a year and they are doing great. When should I expect this chemical warfare to start?