Looking for aquarium to see

fisherson

Hello i'm from Mass and wondering if anyone knows of any really nice aquriums i could visit not including the New England Aquarium. I'd like to see some really nice reefs.

saltn00b

take a trip to atlanta and visit the Georgia Aquarium. largest in the world i believe. they house 2-3 whale sharks even in multi-million gallon tanks

sigmachris

It will be a trip but the Monterey Bay Aquarium...awesome kelp beds...it is built on the cliffs over the Pacific, and one viewing section is actually the Pacific that is fenced in.

K

kalied20

I have been to the Atlanta, Chatanoga (TN), and the on at Montery Bay(CA).
They are all great.

K

kalied20

Originally Posted by saltn00b
take a trip to atlanta and visit the Georgia Aquarium. largest in the world i believe. they house 2-3 whale sharks even in multi-million gallon tanks
4 whale sharks actually, and it is an arch aquarium that you get to walk under the tank. It is great. We spent 4 hours in there.

teen

if you come to long island, atlantis marine world is pretty nice. they have a big reef tank, but the rest of the aquarium isnt that big. its not a whole day thing, more like 4 or 5 hours.
you could also come see coney island aquarium if you visit the area, thats another good aquarium.
its best to visit both in the summer so you can see the out door exhibits.

rbaldino

If you feel like taking a trip to California, hit the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey and the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco.

b0bby1

mystic aquarium in mystic, ct i think is pretty good. 1 n a half hrs away from u. a smaller one is in norwalk, ct, but if ur gonna drive to norwalk u mite as well go to the one at coney island cus norwalk is rite by the ny border. but a day trip mystic.