looking for good priced 175 mh bulbs

lmarc78

Anyone have any info on somewhere to get descent priced 175wt MH bulb's? The two I have are only two months old and 1 is yellow and one is blue. They are some generic Manu that came with my retro kit and they are horable. Looking at most places online they are 60+ dollers and right know thats way out of my price range.

kniquy

Have you checked out SWF.com? they do sell a few bulbs not a huge selection but the prices are pretty good.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by lmarc78
http:///forum/post/2450457
Anyone have any info on somewhere to get descent priced 175wt MH bulb's? The two I have are only two months old and 1 is yellow and one is blue. They are some generic Manu that came with my retro kit and they are horable. Looking at most places online they are 60+ dollers and right know thats way out of my price range.
You need to rethink things, reefkeeping can be very expensive, and having good lighting and bulb replacement is part of being a responsible reefkeeper. Cheap bulbs are just that, cheap, save and get some good bulbs.

acrylic51

What color temp are you looking for? It's hard to recommend.....Alot really depends on your taste of lighting.....Another thing that affects how a bulb looks and burns is what type of ballast drives the bulb and

[hr]
orientation of the bulb as well, but does sound as if you have a bad bulb......I'm an XM 15k fan, Reefflux makes a nice bulb, CoralVue....Are you running SE or DE bulbs?