Looking for Good Saltwater Filter

falcon44

Im trying to do some reasearch about filters and i was wondering what ones are considered good and which ones to stay away from. The tank that im looking to put together is going to be all saltwater fish, but i would like to have the possiblilty to convert to a reef tank in the future possibly. The spec's are 54 Gallon. And the fish that im mainly going to keep are the normal ones clwn, angel, etc.

cap'n pete

Falcon,
We will need some more info on your tank selection before we can recommend something. Mainly, what size? How much do you want to spend? Are you planning on having a sump? Just give us all the info you know for sure and we will go from there. Please include what fish you are thinking about keeping.

For a 54 gallon tank, with fish such as clowns and angels, I happen to like the Emperor line of power filters. I have an Emperor 400. It has mechanical filtration pads, extra carbon filtration recepticles, biowheels, and really good flow. It gives good water movement on the surface, and keeps any film from accumulating on the surface of the water. I bought it whaen I started my tank 5 yrs. ago, and it is still ticking along. It has a button on top to push when feeding the fish, so as not to get all the food sucked up into the filter.
It does a great job for my 55 gallon tank.

A

angelofdeath132

i also use the emperor 400 on my 55, water is always crystal clear! love that filter!!