looking for the right hinged glass top "canopy" for my 93 gal cube

iidylii

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help...

I currently have a home made wooden canopy for my 93 gallon cube tank but don't like how bulky it is...I have searched everywhere i can think of for a 30 x 30 glass top for my tank and it appears every size you can think of but a 30 x 30 is made by companies? i am assuming that this top must not be made? If anyone knows anything about it could you please post and lemme know...not sure if this is in the right topic so if not could you please move :) ...thanks again

lmforbis

You might check with your local fish store or one in Duluth to see if they can order one for you. Marineland has cube aquariums and they have some sort of glass cover for them. I know SW Empire in Mpls will special order from Marineland/Perfecto, I'm sure others can too.

iidylii

I will keep searching...I have looked on marinelands website and like I said they have a top for everything but a 30 x 30...I did send them an email just now along with a few other websites associated with them to see what they can tell me...but im thinking that they just don't make hinged glass tops for this particular tank lol o_O

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You could go to glass shop and have them put one together for you.

flower

Hi,

Your tank should be topless, a glass top creates problems with gas exchange. You could use egg crate to create a lid if you have jumpers... otherwise just leave it open. I paid Snakeblitz to make me a canopy, it turned out really nice, the top is open, but the canopy gave it a beautiful finished look.

beaslbob

I make my "glass top" replacements from 1/4" square plastic grid (egg crate) sold as lighting diffusers for dropped ceilings. 2'x4' section is like $13 or so.