Looking to purchase skimmer

krboles

Hi. I am in need of a skimmer. I have a 55gal. I would like to have one that hangs on the back of the tank b/c of the kind of filters I have. I have a mag 350 canister and aqua filter that came along with my tank that I purchased form walmart. If any one could send my some reliable on-line stores or if anyone has one for sale it would be greatly appreciated.

renogaw

you could buy one here, click the aquarium supplies to the left and look for "hang on back". you don't want an in sump filter.
someone may be selling used in the classified section.

teresaq

I have an aqua Remora Pro that I used on my 55 gal for sale. I upgraded to a 150 gla tank. I loved it, and wished they made on big enough for my new tank.

bkvreef

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
I have an aqua Remora Pro that I used on my 55 gal for sale. I upgraded to a 150 gla tank. I loved it, and wished they made on big enough for my new tank.
what type of protein skimmer did you get? I had a 55g and just recently moved up to a 110g and am looking at getting one.

bkvreef

Originally Posted by joncat24
coralife ss 65 would be great for that tank
can be found for around $80
I have heard good things about the css 65 also.

teresaq

I havent found one that fits yet. I made a big mistake and used my 55 gal for a sump, and becasue its tall I cant fit a skimmer in the tank with out taking it out of the stand, and thats not happening. I and looking a the prizim delux pro becasue of the size. though I havent heard many good things about it.

krboles

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
Is it the kind that hamgs on the back of the tank? Do you have any pics? How much are you selling it for?

amadent

I've had a prizm pro on my 72 gal bow. Fish and rock only. It skims pretty well, but need constant adjustment. Called the company. They said set it once and you're good to go. I don't know ?????????????????????

teresaq

Krboles, Yes its a hang on back. I had that, and a hob fuge on my 55 gal. I have it listed in the classifieds. there are pictures there. e-mail me m0m24@earthlink dot net I'll send them to you if you want. I have it list for 160.00 plus shipping. Make me an offer.

rackyrane

TeresaQ,
I just went to the LFS today and the guy there who is VERY knowledgable told me that they now have Remora skimmers for 150 gal tanks. You might try and check it out.

S

suv

I have a CPR Bac Pac on my 55gal. Its a skimmer and bio filter in one and works great, I have to empty the cup every other day or every third day at least.
:jumping:

1knight164

Originally Posted by amadent
I've had a prizm pro on my 72 gal bow. Fish and rock only. It skims pretty well, but need constant adjustment. Called the company. They said set it once and you're good to go. I don't know ?????????????????????
I have a prizm and it needs constant adjusting. Looking to replace it as well.