loosing pets

wablondie98664

for the past week our 12+ year old love bird, milo, hasn't been doing too well, a week ago he all of a sudden couldn't use his left leg and has been plucking out all his feather, the vet didn't seem to know what is wrong, but doesn't think he is going to make it much longer:nope:
then on top of that my hedgehog, sonic, that i've had for 5 1/2 years died this morning. i noticed she wasn't looking very good yesterday, then overnight she was gone

r.i.p sonic

aarone

sorry bout sonic wablondie.
I always wanted one for myself. Losing pets of anykind is always hard.
RIP sonic

wablondie98664

thanks, it's amazing how attatched you can get to your animals. it's so hard to watch milo suffer, he has no feathers left on his chest, back and parts of his wings and can hardly walk. amazingly he still manages to make it to his food and still eats like a pig, so who knows.

birdy

Sorry about your hedgehog, 5 1/2 yrs is quite a long time for a hedgehog to live.
What exactly did the Vet do for your bird, many vets are not very knowledgeable about how to care for Avian species. If he did not draw blood and do fecal and feather cultures then you need to find a new vet that specializes in birds.

wablondie98664

birdy
the vet didn't do much at all. all he did was feel his leg for a break, then told us theres no breaks and he probably had a stroke or a tumor which would cause him to pluck his feathers:confused:

orion7

Know what you mean? I was rearranging my tank this weekend and I took everything out. I was adding two inches of live sand. I discovered my emerald crab has died. Bummed me out. I chased my peppermint shrimp around the tank for a good half hour. I did my improvements including getting my hang on wet dry filter going. I go to put everything back and I can't find my shrimp and two mushrooms decided to bail off my rock. I was really really bummed. Found homes for the mushrooms but they keep bailing on my. Still working on them.
So I wanted to go get replacements at the store but it's memorial day. No point. So this morning I get up, feed the tank, and I see my shrimp. That bum hitched a ride inside one of my live rocks. I was happy but he needs to be scolded. I does that again and I am going to have crack and peel shrimp. AHHHH.

reef_magic

aw, im so sry blondie. i also lost my little froggie friend.
he's a cutie, that Sonic...i hope ur bird makes it out ok