Losing my tank....

bg

I had just put my Goby in a QT because of what I think is gill rot. Im dosing him with maracyn-2 as advised by Beth. But back to my tank, I woke this morning to my CBS and Lawnmower (my fisrt fish a year ago, he was great!)both dead, my scooter bleenie is hiding. My brown mushrooms have lightened in color on the ends.
I checked my water and this what I think I came up with, its hard with the color charts....
NO3 5.0-10
NO2 0-.25
AMMONIA .25
The only other thing I can think of was I had gotten a red scooter a few weeks ago that disapeered a few weeks ago. I figured my CBS had eaten him because for a few days he did not come out for his usual feedings. Also my puffer jumped out of the tank when I walked up the nite before, I picked him up fast and put him back in. He is fine, its the second time he has done that.
Thanks Shawn
Any ideas would be great, I dont want to lose anyone else.

fretfreak13

Are you running carbon? Just wondering, because if two of your fish randomly just died, there might be some type of poision in the water and the carbon could help get rid of it.

flower

Originally Posted by BG
http:///forum/post/3161180
I had just put my Goby in a QT because of what I think is gill rot. Im dosing him with maracyn-2 as advised by Beth. But back to my tank, I woke this morning to my CBS and Lawnmower (my fisrt fish a year ago, he was great!)both dead, my scooter bleenie is hiding. My brown mushrooms have lightened in color on the ends.
I checked my water and this what I think I came up with, its hard with the color charts....
NO3 5.0-10
NO2 0-.25
AMMONIA .25
The only other thing I can think of was I had gotten a red scooter a few weeks ago that disapeered a few weeks ago. I figured my CBS had eaten him because for a few days he did not come out for his usual feedings. Also my puffer jumped out of the tank when I walked up the nite before, I picked him up fast and put him back in. He is fine, its the second time he has done that.
Thanks Shawn
Any ideas would be great, I dont want to lose anyone else.

Those numbers don't look bad enough to do all that damage...do you run a skimmer? I would run a skimmer, use activated charcoal in the filter, and do a 20% water change.

bg

I had my water tested and my ph was low and amonia was high. I did a 20% water change with buffer added a filter with carbon and a poly pad. I also added a little nitromax marine. Things seems to be much better but I lost my first and favorite fish I had !