loss

salsells

:help: I have lost a cleaner shrimp and kola tang. I got the cleaner shrimp
same time as the kola and they seemed very compatible. The kola kept going to the cleaner and all seemed well. Then one day i noticed the cleaner was missing part of his tail and his antenna seemed to be getting smaller, he started staying at top of tank and then just disapeared. My kola then started going to the cbs, who didn't seem to care for him to much, started snapping at him, this morning the kola was wedged between LR and seemed dead, i didn't get him right away, thought he might be playing dead. Finally removed the rock and sure enough, he was gone. Do you think it was the cbs??? The only other things in tank are 2 clown, 2 three striped damsels, very small, a skooter and yellow tang, brittle star and clams, snails and the cbs. Any ideas???? 40 gal long with fluval 204 filter, protein skimmer, wave maker, t5 lights and all water perimeters are excellent. Mystery, yesterday he seemed fine, other then he was going up to CBS and i think it was because he thought it was the cleaner that was always cleaning his face. I sure wish someone would reply to this, i never seem to get any response to my threads.

jhebi

Originally Posted by salsells
:help: I have lost a cleaner shrimp and kola tang. I got the cleaner shrimp
same time as the kola and they seemed very compatible. The kola kept going to the cleaner and all seemed well. Then one day i noticed the cleaner was missing part of his tail and his antenna seemed to be getting smaller, he started staying at top of tank and then just disapeared. My kola then started going to the cbs, who didn't seem to care for him to much, started snapping at him, this morning the kola was wedged between LR and seemed dead, i didn't get him right away, thought he might be playing dead. Finally removed the rock and sure enough, he was gone. Do you think it was the cbs??? The only other things in tank are 2 clown, 2 three striped damsels, very small, a skooter and yellow tang, brittle star and clams, snails and the cbs. Any ideas???? 40 gal long with fluval 204 filter, protein skimmer, wave maker, t5 lights and all water perimeters are excellent. Mystery, yesterday he seemed fine, other then he was going up to CBS and i think it was because he thought it was the cleaner that was always cleaning his face. I sure wish someone would reply to this, i never seem to get any response to my threads.

I believe you have too much fishes in your tank. Having 2 tangs on a 40GL is a mission impossible and asking for trouble. Also damsels are very territorial and maybe cause stress on the tang....
if your parameters are ok, than i just believe is too much fish in 1 tiny tank.........Regarding the cleaner shrimp, i am not sure what may cause his death, but could it be the reading of your parameters are maybe wrong.....
maybe someone will give you better advise here....