Lost my Mandarian

I came home and found my Mandarin DOA under the tank stand tonight :( I had made the typical newbie mistake and bought him cause he looked cool but was feeling good since he had grown atleast a half inch since I put him in a few months ago (and would read posts about how fast they would starve to death on people) and watched him eat mysis with my antennata after daylights out
and acintic only on. They were the slowpokes of the tank. I never new they were jumpers :(
[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: New2Saltwater ]

dad

sorry to hear the loss. I didn't know this info either. thanks for posting.

H

here fishy

all fish have to ability to "bail out" for many reasons. What were the water conditions like???? Some mandarins will take frozen and live shrimp which sounds like what yours did. It might have also had a parasite that caused undo stress and fish will jump when stressed.....Hope this helps a little
IF you have a gap in the back of your tank like I do on mine you can use mesh netting to cover it up. Make sure you secure it tightly so they can't find an out clause! A piece of clear plexi acyrlic can raise the height of the opening enough that they can't get out...Saved many a wrasse this way over the years..... :D