Lots Of Questions

marinfire1

so ive got a few questions for anyone on here bout wat thing are in my tanks...so here we go
1) just wondering if the brighter orange clown is a true prec...it just looks different but idk so ya

2) what r these...they poped up on a few pieces of LR i got...and there now on a few more pieces...they look like anemones but they never move at all...so are they ployps or what...and are they good or bad...

3)what kinda of ployps are these?

4) what should i do with my 3 gal deco kit? what should i put in it?

5)what type of marine plants are these? they started growing on my LR and i like they way they look

6) first pic is of a blenny i got sold as a blacksailfin but it doesnt have the marking of one instead it looks like a dark midas blenny...anyone know what it is? second pic these we sold to me as black precs...but they look way more like black saddleback clowns am i righT?

puffer32

Not sure about the clown, not up on the difference sorry. Those are mushrooms in the 2nd pic, i believe ricordias, good hitchiker. The 3rd pic is zoanthids. In pic 5 if you are referring to the green stuff towards the bottom, that is hair algae. As far as your 3 gal tanl, i think some corals and inverts would be fine, how much lighting do you have? I don't believe thats a midas blenny. Mine is more stream line and longer, but it could be a black blenny, i know the bi colors come in solid black, but then they wouldn't be bicolored :notsure:

ric maniac

ill list the answers as you listed the questions:
1. no i dea lol
2. the coral is a type of ricordea i love them (hints the name lol)
3. they look like people eaters but i cant tell exactly do they have little green "smiley" liek things in the center.
4. lol if you wait a bit for the rics to grow i would frag em ifi were u and put them in the little aquarium along with some other mushrooms or polyps andmaybe a shrimp.
5. they look liek hair algea and if i were you id get a lawnmower blenny to eat a little bit of it to keep it in check but i think they look cool too lol
6. the blenny looks like a dark midas blenny i think you might be onto somethin there but i cnt be sure. and as for the clowns well... i had to think on that one lol but i think they r black percs

kevin34

The pics of your 2 clowns at the top of your post look like they are both false percs. The true percs have a much thicker black outline around their white spots. I agree that the "anenome" looking thing is a ricordea and I think the other polyps look like people eaters based on the pic. Not sure about the blenny but the other clowns you have are simply black and white clowns. I dont think that PC lights can support corals. I would go with a small MH bulb or a strong flourescent. Hope this helps.
These are pics comparing a false perc and a true perc. False perc is on top