Loves me a Sun Coral

bustedadam

Here is a pic of my new sun coral (still shy and barely feeding, but he will be pampered). Fish store wasn't taking very good care of him, he doesn't have any recession so i figured he just needed some TLC.
also here is a pic of a muscle/clam in the middle of my zoo's (pic taken right after lights came on, thats why they are not open all the way). Comments welcome.

that sun coral is some beauty, i have had my eye on some at my LFS. How can you tell they are in good condition? i have never seen them open when i go. I have the same zoo's they were my first coral. didn't come with a clam though.

renogaw

sun corals are *mainly* nocturnal or shade dwellers. see how much skin is covering the rock on that thing? thats one healthy sun coral. I got one with about 6 polyps with no skin outside of their cups about 6? months ago and is really doing well now, but the skin hasn't completely covered up the rock yet.
but that's mainly why you won't see it out when in the lfs

bustedadam

So...They are slowy coming out in full bloom. I noticed that I have 3 stalks of black sun coral and even one stalk of yellow mixed it with the main orange stalks. Is it normal to find a mix like this all on one rock or did i stumble onto something a little unique?

tahoetanks

What and how are you all feeding your sun coral? I just got some 2 days ago from LFS, but they look totally faded compared to the ones you showed the pic of.

tahoetanks

What and how are you all feeding your sun coral? I just got some 2 days ago from LFS, but they look totally faded compared to the ones you showed the pic of. Yours are gorgeous by the way bustedadam!

puffer32

I have a yellow polop mixed in with the orange polops. Got it 1/2 price cause we both thought it was a dead orange polop, but when i got it home and the coral opened, so diid the so called yellow one, that was a suprise.