lowest light anemone!?

treybom

ok well i really would like to get an anemone.... these are the lighst i have... 24" 1-65 watt 1 Integrated compact fluorescent light fixture with LED Lunar Light simulates 24-hour day and night lighting cycle. The Satellite compact fluorescent light fixture is the first entry level lighting system to include the latest technologies and professional features at an affordable price. Advanced built-in electronic ballast ensures consistent high performance and low energy consumption. Features an acrylic splash guard to protect bulbs and a durable low profile aluminum housing for years of reliable use. Moon White Lunar Light produces a crisp white glow that simulate nocturnal light conditions for optimum nighttime viewing. Includes dual phosphor SmartPaq (10000°K daylight and 460 nanometer actinic) bulb that provides 3 times the light output of standard fluorescent bulbs. Square pin system.
'
the clowns i would have are 2 balck percs is there any type of anemone that will host them that could be under my lights?
thanks
trey

T

thomas712

In my opinion 65 watts of lights, PC lights, are not enough to sustain an anemone, but thats just my opinion.

thegrog

Aptasias would work great under that lighting.
I agree with Thomas, no anemone (that you want) will survive for long under that lighting

treybom

Originally Posted by TheGrog
Aptasias would work great under that lighting.
I agree with Thomas, no anemone (that you want) will survive for long under that lighting
lol tell me about.... the aiptasias are lovin it! :mad: i guess ill just go with a tube anemone even though it wont host them

treybom

Originally Posted by Thomas712
In my opinion 65 watts of lights, PC lights, are not enough to sustain an anemone, but thats just my opinion.
i know its your opinion but will it survive?

happyvac

You could get a Hairy Mushroom, FrogSpawn, a Torch Coral, GSP, Xenia...all have had clowns host them, though not all the time. IMO the best chance with that goes to the Mushroom.

treybom

ok well im pretty sure it makes a difference.. this is only a 20 gallon tank and the distance from the top of the sand bed and the lights is only 15 inches so im pretty sure that makes a difference

viper_930

Originally Posted by treybom
i know its your opinion but will it survive?
IMO that's a negative. If you have 2x65 watt PCs it might have a chance, but I wouldn't even risk it.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
IMO that's a negative. If you have 2x65 watt PCs it might have a chance, but I wouldn't even risk it.
Agreed, I like to see a minimum of 220 watts myself.

viper_930

Originally Posted by HappyVac
You could get a Hairy Mushroom, FrogSpawn, a Torch Coral, GSP, Xenia...all have had clowns host them, though not all the time. IMO the best chance with that goes to the Mushroom.