LPS = low flow

ci11337

I accidentally forgot to plug my pumps back in after a WC and the next day noticed all mycorals opened up HUGE. This made me think they were gettin too much flow so i rearranged things alittle and now they look so much happier. I still have the same amount of flow as before but now the corals are positioned so they are just lightly effected by the current. If i ever do a tank with SPS i'm gonna put the SPS on one island (high flow) and the LPS on another (low flow). Just thought i'd share

ci11337

Quick question regarding flow, as many of you know this summer i'm gonna buy some really nice acans, while i was rearranging i made some space for them. For those of you that keep acans, how do they like their flow? I assume they can take more than a hammer or torch because their more compact but does their flesh get flattened by flow easily? (like an open brain)

nano reefer

no, they dont really need to much or too little. The frag in my BC14 is doing great, and it is about 6-8 inches from a hydor flow rotating deflector, powered by a mj1200.

detguy313

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2649274
Quick question regarding flow, as many of you know this summer i'm gonna buy some really nice acans, while i was rearranging i made some space for them. For those of you that keep acans, how do they like their flow? I assume they can take more than a hammer or torch because their more compact but does their flesh get flattened by flow easily? (like an open brain)
i keep mine in a low flow...i do have one that i have in a little higher flow that i would call med flow and it is fine but i would not keep them in real high flow