LR and LS cycling

fenwaypark

Is the "premium" LR and "premium" LS thats available on SWF.com make the cycling process easier or quicker? Is the look (which is why I'm interested in it) what I'm paying for, or is there an advantage to using them?

rs1831

Live sand implies that there is beneficial bacteria which will make your cycle go faster than using just plain sand. The live rock on this website seems to be pretty cheap compared to other sites and especially compared to lfs. Hope this helps...sorry about the Socks. :scared:

fenwaypark

im sorry about the sox too, tonight the lineup was so new that Alex Cora was the veteran sock and he came aboard the middle of lat year. Anyhow, The rock and sand on SWF.com seem to be pretty straight. Should I expect a normal cycle process because this rock is very cured?

rs1831

The rock is precured. There will be some die off when you receive it but if you're just going to cycle your tank with it just scrub it when you get it and then let your tank go. I believe no matter what you're looking at 3-6 weeks for a cycle.
I was starting to think that it was going to be the Sox and Mets again in the WS but its not looking so good now. Losing Varitek was a big hit to the team.