LR and TT lighting

craig110768

I have add LR into my tank. I still don't have enough yet. I'm wondering whether its worth doing this, if I don't have the right amount of light - Its bright 80w TT flou.
I really just want a Fish/Invert tank with no Corals to start with, but having problems high nitrates.
Thought about adding more LR to fix the problem - would this be a good thing, or a waste of money, due to the kind of light I have?
Is plenty of LR really just for reef setups, that need the nitrates real low?
I heard the fish are less sensitive to nitrates, now are the inverts - are they sensitive to it, or is it just the corals?
Any comments.
Craig

justinx

I do know the answer to your lighting question. It is my understanding that you dont need intense lighting for just LR. I too have plenty of LR with normal flo. lighting. I just have mobile inverts and fish and things are going great. Just no corals
As far as the nitrates, a DSB will get rid of those, make sure that your LR is on your substrate if you have sand. If you have CC, than you are stuck with the good ol fashioned waterchanges. I just know that all readings fro trites, trates, and ammonia should be zero.