LR can there be to much

frozenfate

okay i had three tanks and i moved to a new house. so i have combined my three tanks in to one tank. so my 35 hex has about 100 lbs of rock. but damn it looks good but is that to much any help would be great
Thanks, Clay

daytonaree

If you think it looks good its not to much. I had 225 pounds in a 75 gallon tank and it was one of the best looking tanks i ever had.

cls_318

i would say it depends on how much room you have left and what you want to put in it. if you dont have any more room then coral or the fish wont have room to grow :notsure:

thegrog

What you have to remember is that rock takes up volume so you will have less water. Your 35 tank no longer has 35 gallons of water in it. You may only have 10-15 gallons of circulating water. This is important for doing water changes more frequently. Yes the LR will remove much of the waste, but you still need to remove what it does not.
The reduced water volume also reduces the amount of oxygen available to fish. You will have to watch your bioload.
Other than that, no problem!

chrisnym

Daytronaree,
Would you happen to have a pic of your 75 gallon w/ all of that rock. I am curious to see how it looks, because i have a 75 gal that i am cycling. it has 100lbs of base rock and about 45 lbs. of live rock and I wanted to see if i can add more LR. Thanks!

frozenfate

Thanks for the advice... looks like ill keep it in there and see how it does. I will take some pics in the next few days and post them