LR question- Look!

fishfatty

I am going to be gettting live rock next weekend. The drive is 3 and a half hours to home. My question is... will I need to cure my LR again? Its coming from a tank, but it will be out of water for 3 1/2 hours.
Also, Will there be any die off? When I get home, should I put it directly into my tank? (There are no fish or inverts in there.) Thanks!

chadman

i would bring newspaper and wrap your lr in newspaper then pour tank water over it to soak the newspaper...put in a bag or styrofoam box and put some water in the bottom for the rocks to sit in...IMO you should be fine

ecoman

from what i have heard, if you dont know the source of the rock (was the tank established and doing good, etc.) then i would cure it. if its from an established tank and u dont intend on curing it, try to keep it from freezing on your trip as this will help preserve anything inside it and on it. Although another thing i heard is once the water stops flowing for over an hour, the bacteria begin to die.. if im wrong, feel free to correct me..