LS+cured LR= no cycle?

bears

I have a new tank, if I add LS and lr from another established tank do I have to wait for it to cycle?

reefkprz

not like a full cycle, I would give it a couple days and check your parameters then slowly add stuff if nothing spikes. it is still going to take a while for your anaerobic bacteria to set up shop in your sand bed, as it all dies once you scoop the sand and expose it to air/oxygenated water. but a 6 week cycle doubtfull, its like switching tanks with existing stuff, I have had fish and corals in tanks within hours of moving fully established sand and rock into them. (I always have new water ready in case something starts to go wrong though)

bears

I was planning on add the water today, sand tomorrow, then lr on Monday. Then I was going to wait like 2 days get a blue leg hermit crab wait a day or two then get a fishy. sound good? and suggestions?(while checking parameters)

reefkprz

sounds good to me just let your tests tell you. once you add your sand throw a small pinch of food in there to give the bacteria something to break down.

mopar9012

I would wait a couple days to make sure. Ive bought some LR from my LFS and they said it was FULLY cured. It wasnt...

I waited a few weeks before I added a fish or invert. I added 2 hermits and 2 snails in 2 weeks and 2 more snails at 4 weeks, then a fish at 5 weeks. my sand and rock was cured. just thought it would be better safe than sorry

nygel

i did this, and added fish as soon as i did... its similiar to a tank move if you think about it.