Lubbock's fairy wrasse

detguy313

I got this sweet lubbocks fairy..i have been looking for this color varient for about 5 months now..they only color i saw coming was the purple and the ones that have the black lines..here are a few pics while in the bag and i will try to get more of him in the tank

K

kat74

Saw your comment on my thread and had to look to see if you posted pics of your new fairy wrasse, and here it is!

You're right... I absolutely loooove it!! Wow, what gorgeous colors!! You held out waiting on this color varient for good reason!

Can't wait to see pics of it in your tank!

detguy313

thanks Kat..i hope to get the other two flashers this week..a pair of eightlines..i have looked for a pair of them for a long time too..i always found the male or female but never both together..this guy was displaying some before the lights went out but i only had them on for a few when i let this guy out..i try to let all my fish out when the light go out..i hope to have pics tomorrow

detguy313

that is a male pictured there..the females are all pink with a black dot at the caudal peduncle (the tail)..there are quite a few fairy wrasses that the females look like this...when courting a female or fighting the males will show an increase in color...juv and feamles look the same

j.p

wow! thats sick im getting one soon too!!!! i hope the lfs gets one that looks as good as that!

detguy313

Originally Posted by bruner54
http:///forum/post/2641067
wow
was it expensive?
no that is the nice thing about lubbocks they are around $30 most times and are very peacfull...there are a few color varients.and i have kept all of them..this is by far my favorite though

bruner54

Originally Posted by detguy313
http:///forum/post/2641161
no that is the nice thing about lubbocks they are around $30 most times and are very peacfull...there are a few color varients.and i have kept all of them..this is by far my favorite though
thas awesome now i want one lol

detguy313

for all of you that thought this fish is cool...check out the color change when displaying and this was not the best...he can change color to where his fins are bright blue/white and his body turns all red