Lunar/Green Bird

saltfish4me

Is it possible to keep a lunar wrasse and a green bird wrasse together in a 125. I don't think I am going to actully add both these fish just wondering if it is possiable.
tankmates
Snowflake eel and niger trig
Justin
[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: saltfish4me ]

davidcanupp

I would generally say no, but you have a pretty large tank so i think that you could get away with it. Others may disagree. Green Bird Wrasses are really cool...if i had to choose i would go with one of them. Hope this helps- David

pufferlover

The Bird Wrasse stays fairly small compared to a Lunar and also is less aggressive to other fish. In juv form they are all brownish white but as they grow the male becomes a beautiful green color (I had one that changed color over night scared the devil out of me one morning). They can even be kept in pairs if the female is first in the tank (never the male first). They do like to bury at times so really need some soft substrate to work with. I currently have a smaller one in with my baby Pork and they are doing well together even in a smaller tank for now. They are very active and swim somewhat like a dolphin which makes them great to watch.

guppie

I would not try it even in a tank your size. Lunares get pretty aggressive and the bird is more mellow. IMO there would be trouble. GoodLuck