Lunar Wrasse won't come out

sly

My wrasse loves to chase fish sometimes. He doesn't ever hurt them but he tries to bully them and then backs off when they snap at him. Anyway, he tried to chase my lawnmower blenny through a crack in the rocks and got stuck. I didn't notice until the next morning. I pulled the rocks apart so he could get free and he was obviously in shock. He slowly swam away to go hide. I turned off the lights to help him calm down but it hasn't helped.
It's now been 4 days and he won't come out. He constantly hides under a rock and looks at me but he won't come out and I don't know if he's eating. He is not gasping and there are no visible marks on his body. The other fish are still healthy but he is acting like he's so freaked out he may starve himself to death under this rock. He is the most stubborn fish I have ever seen and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid if I try to catch him he will die, plus I would literally have to tear the tank apart to get him while stressing the other fish.
He looks around while under the rock and he turns around, sometimes sticking his tail out instead of his nose. None of the other fish are bothering him but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my fish to die of pigheadedness...

cjml

Some Wrasses do seem to get sressed really easily. My coris will stay in the sand sometimes a whole day when we do water changes and clean our tank. Give him some more time - hopefully he will relax and start to come out again. What do you feed? Wrasses are big meat eaters-maybe some good food will entice him...good luck! Keep us posted! :happyfish :happyfish

sly

I noticed him out swimming just for a few minutes today. I found the rock that he's hiding under. He's been under there for about a week. He was darting around quickly and then went back under his rock. I have several foods... and lately I've been trying to lure him out with garlic extreme. I have been feeding the fish lots of meat lately (plankton, krill) in hopes that he will come out. He looks good but I've never seen anything like it. He is so stubborn... I think he will be ok but I may have to get used to the idea of my new "cave fish".
Hopefully with him coming out today he'll get braver and start coming out to visit more often. :happyfish

cjml

As assertive a fish that they are- they are so easily scared- keep putting good meaty food in there-maybe some live brine- just to get him out and feeling safe. Mine also seem to like shark formula, angel formula, squid, blood worms. Keep us posted! And don't give up on him-wrasses are definitely a challenge but they are great fish! :happyfish