Lunare Wrasse Question??????

mr . salty

Hey,Does anyone know if a lunare wrasse would pick at or eat star pollops,or mushrooms??? I have a few of these in my tank,and ran across a good deal on the Wrasse....THANKS

blueberryboomer

Hey Mr. Salty, Congrate on the new Lunar Wrasse, I can't tell you how they are with corals, we have ours in a FO so I don't have the experience with them and corals. Just wanted to say CONGRATES and Good Luck! Lisa :D

mr . salty

I havn't bought it yet.My LFS couldn't say for sure if it would be OK or not,so I passed for now.At least till I got some more info about it....I learned my lesson about impulse buying a LONG time ago....But if the word is good,I may get it tomorrow.Thanks for the help guy's,I'll let you know if he has a new home or not...

grouperhead

the lunare will eat your corals, any and all inverts, kill smaller fish, and anything else added to the tank after it. i have a lunare in my 75 and its a great fish, i would just NEVER EVER put them in with corals, inverts, or defensless fish. it will wreak havoc on your tank. bo

I've got a Lunar Wrasse in my 75 with corals and inverts and everything else and he's just fine. He has gone after the little tiny snails that flip upside down and can't right themselves fast enough and once it nipped at the Condy Anenome, but never at the polyps, shrooms, leathers, etc...... They say they aren't reef safe so beware, but no major problems here. Good luck deciding.

peasly1

from " scott micheal..marine fishes" harmless w/ corals.. will eat small fish,motile inverts..snails stars worms and shrimp...

peasly1

one more thing salty..I have had one for the last 2 yrs and it darts very very fast through he lr and tank and i'm wondering if that stresses some fish

dpittman

I really believe it comes down to the particular fish. That Scott Michael book says pink tail triggers are peaceful compared to most triggers but I have seen many that are downright mean! I don't have any experience with this fish myself but many people I know find them to be pretty rowdy once they get bigger.
Only way you will know is to try it and keep a real close eye on him and make sure you can take him back if you need to! If it was me I would try it!