LUNARE WRASSE

kb

My lunare wrasse is the biggest pig. When I put food in the tank he eats almost all of it. My question is whether a large cleaner shrimp would have any chance of surviving in my tank. I want a cleaner shrimp because I have a Naso,Yellow,and a hippo tang and they get the little white spots on them and I want the cleaner shrimp to keep them off. All of my tests are fine so, it's not the water quality. Anyone ever try these two together(wrasse and cleaner shrimp)? I have a cleaner wrasse but after a while they seem to stop cleaning the fish. How about a cleaner gobie?
[This message has been edited by kb (edited 04-06-2000).]

blender

I am very anti lunar wrasse. I had one and he was a food hog and he swam so fast around the tank it gave me a headache. A couple days after I had him he consumed my yellow head jawfish and a day after that he disposed of my cleaner wrasse. I'm guessing a cleaner shrimp would be doomed too. I say get rid of the wrasse and get the cleaner. That is what I did and I love my cleaner.

fishgirl

Blender's right; unless u r really in love with the wrasse, c if u can git some $ for him at your dealers: get the cleaners!

T

tattooedlife

Not a good idea to put a cleaner shrimp in with a Lunar Wrasse. The Wrasse will eat anything it can git a hold of. Real hardy fish, will grow pretty rapid.