Lyretail Naso from this site???

tacks

I'm thinking about ordering a Lyretail Naso from this site. Have any of you ordered this fish? I have a 125g and a 30g quarantine. Will the 30g tank be big enough to quarantine? Looks like the only size you can get is 7-9".
Also, if I order just a Naso Tang, if I happen to get a male, will it have streamers?

guppie

I have not ordered any fish from this site so I can't help you with that, but your 30 gal Q tank should work for a fish that size for a short period of time, and I you are lucky to get a male, I would think by that size, if not soon after the streamers should start growing. Good Luck

goofieones

I have ordered many fish online, not one has died yet. Personally haven't ordered fish for this site, but have gotten two different cleaning crews which were great. I don't think you have anything to worry about when ordering fish from this site.

Tacks, a Lyretail tang and a male naso are the same fish, just different names. So if you get a male naso(which you can't tell until it grows streamers), then it will get streamers, if it's a female, at about 4-7" it will show no signs of streamers. My naso is 4.5" and is already showing signs of streamers(so I can safely assume it is a he). The naso's you see with the huge streamers are usually about 8"+ body length. But if you want a male for sure 100%, than order a male with streamers, because you can not tell the difference between males or females for quit awhile. Good luck, naso's are the funniest fish I have ever watched. Jollygreen