MACNA 2013...who's going???

travelerjp98

Haha, awkward I didn't realize y'all already posted the pics from last night... Haha.
and I made the age joke, novahobbies;)
I'd LOVEEEE to come down for MACNA! Airfare isn't the problem, but where would I stay..? Lol.

S

siptang

Justin, everyone seems to be booking hotel. Rick and I are with our better halfs.

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/394810/macna-2013-whos-going/20#post_3517659
Well, it's not a onsie, but you asked for it:

Our dear friend Zee El came down to visit from Boston last year. While everyone was taking pictures, I got stuck holding purses. Sudenly Zee gave me her hat...I suppose it was windy that day. So...I grabbed her glasses and had Wife take this picture.
See, Zee looks sad because I made that outfit look GOOD.
Rick, you are definitely a man who's not afraid to show your feminist side. Those shoes with that outfit, really.

novahobbies

Rick, you are definitely a man who's not afraid to show your feminist side. Those shoes with that outfit, really.
What? They matched my purse. Sort of.
......makin' fun of another man's sh*tkickers.....there should be a law......grumblegrumblegrumble......

travelerjp98

Nope, Philly. I live like 5 minutes from Philly. I actually work in Philly now.
Oh, well you're pretty dang close to me then.
PHL... ugliest airport I've been to but I love it because whenever I'm in it I'm either home or going some where fun! Lol.

gemmy

Bump to see who is still going to MACNA!! :)
I am in. I am staying from August 29 to September 3. :)

snakeblitz33

Ill be there. :) already have the hotel paid and gas and food. Still dont have a vendors ticket but it will be ok. Anyone know if you can buy one at the door?

gemmy

Hmm...I will keep my eyes peeled for a ticket. I have been seeing them pop up for sale.

novahobbies

I am sure that there will be door tickets but, as with many reef shows, the door tickets are going to be pricier. I suggest you get the passes online.
I'm so glad someone bumped this, I was coming here tonight for that exact reason! For the record, I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday.....and I'm one of the volunteers at the raffle station on Sunday morning. Siptang will be volunteering at the raffle station SATURDAY morning.
Soooooo.....who else is coming? Come on guys, it's only the BIGGEST reefing event in the country. Get the time off and get your butt down to Ft. Lauderdale! Beautiful beaches abound, good food, GREAT company (I'll be there of course!) and did I mention that all the men and women at the beach are HOT????
....seriously, they're hot. It's going to be like 94 degrees out there. Badump-bump.

novahobbies

T-minus 12 days!!!
Looking forward to seeing Seth and Krista....who else is coming?? Siptang, are you??

I won't be there on Friday (have to work.....DAMMIT!!) but I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Siptang and I are both on the volunteer list for Saturday morning for 4 hours, but we'll be wandering around and taking in the speeches Saturday afternoon and SUnday.

deton8it

Has anyone been to an event like this before? Can the general public buy stuff or is it more of a show and tell for vendors?
John

gemmy

This is my first event, but from what I have heard there are going to be lots of items for sale available to anyone attending. I know at least one vendor will ship corals that you buy. Some vendors are doing their own raffles that are free to enter.
I can't wait for the event!! I only have seven shifts to work before I start my much needed vacation!! :)

scsinet

When it was in Atlanta I went... yeah, you can buy stuff. I picked up a few things, but they have livestock, drygoods, and raffles.

snakeblitz33

I'm getting pretty excited. eight work and school days before I get to go to MACNA this year.
Are we all meeting up for a dinner or something? Or are we just going to have an awkward hello... smile... bye... kinda thing?

gemmy

I say meet up for dinner or lunch. I'll being helping out at a vendor's booth at different times.
6 work days for me. I'll still have schoolwork to do next week. :(

novahobbies

I'm going to swing it by Richard (Siptang) but what do you all say to a Friday evening dinner? Is anyone going to the Friday night banquet? I'm not, so I'm free. I'm also not staying at the hotel Friday night, so if we could find someplace in North Lauderdale, we could "meet in the middle" so to speak.
I know Greg and Renee are also going to be down, so I'll try to hook us all up if we can settle on a date. I work on Friday (pout) but I'll be off by 5.