Macros, macros and more macros

maxalmon

The Nikon 105 is still my favorite lens for macro work, I'm in the process of starting to print posters of my macros and still need to refine my skills, so far I have 3 out of thousands of images that are of acceptable quality(i'm ultra picky). This next week I'll be doing a full series of shots that are staged and hopefully I'll have better images, I'm also taking a photoshop course at the local CC in Jan, this should help considerably as I never edit my images, just crop and adjust unsharp/lighting levels, sometimes I'll make minor color corrections but for the most part these are "as seen by the camera"

stdreb27

Originally Posted by maxalmon
http:///forum/post/2894577
The Nikon 105 is still my favorite lens for macro work, I'm in the process of starting to print posters of my macros and still need to refine my skills, so far I have 3 out of thousands of images that are of acceptable quality(i'm ultra picky). This next week I'll be doing a full series of shots that are staged and hopefully I'll have better images, I'm also taking a photoshop course at the local CC in Jan, this should help considerably as I never edit my images, just crop and adjust unsharp/lighting levels, sometimes I'll make minor color corrections but for the most part these are "as seen by the camera"
Your first couple of images are cropped right?