Mail order fish

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Well, The Pro is that you don't have to leave the warmth of your home to go pick up the little critter. But Salty named the biggest Con of all. You live in New York in and you know how cold it gets up here in the north. You would have to thaw the fish out when you got him. I think you should hold off until maybe April or May before you start buying fish on-line.

corky

It also depends on who is shipping them. I've come across different sites that actually have slightly higher shipping prices because of the extra measures they take in packaging the fish for cold weather travel.

B

bots44

i order on-line all the time. i have never had a problem. i order from this site its perfect.

polka

Thank you all so very much for your input. I think I will stick with lfs for now. After all I can always make my own ice cube fish. ahahahah

W

wrassefan

I've always ordered online...especially hard to find specimens at a reasonable price. This time of year, they ship with a heat pack. How do you think the lfs gets their fish?? I get it delivered to my door and there is a five day guarantee. Some lfs don't guarantee any days anymore. Usually they use fedex or arrange for pickup at the airport directly.

corky

you'd be surprised how many people still use cyanide to catch fish - ever try and catch a damsel in your tank?(food for thought)