Majano genocide needed

bluecraber

I am aquiring 125 lbs of live rock from somebodies tank but it is all COVERED in majano. I will be using this in a new tank setup and am a newbie. Can anybody suggest anything to help with this?
Thanks for your time!

mimzy

joes juice, or take a syringe and squirt 'em with boiling fresh water. I had a bunch on a rock of shrooms once... I didn't mind 'em till they started stinging my pretty shroomies. Shot 'em up with boiling water and they just shriveled and turned to jelly. :joy:
that's what u get for messin' with my shrooms!!

bluecraber

Can pluck off as many as I can before putting the LR into my tank? The syringe is used while underwater in the tank right?

buzzword

You can try plucking them off, but if you don't get it all, which you probably won't they will grow right back. I used Joe's Juice and one little squirt and they were gone never to return!

danedodger

Yep I watched someone at another LFS squirting his aptasia invasion with the stuff. It was amazing how quickly it worked!! We were only there a half hour or so max but by the time we were leaving there was dead and dying little blobs of ew floating all around the tank! I figure once they shrivel all up and let go of their foothold you just scoop em right out easy as pie!