majestic angel and french angel

turbo21

i know my gut is telling me no, but, i can pick up an 8" majestic angel for cheap from a buddy
i have a 240 gal, with a 6" french angel already in the tank, i know that these two angels are some ofthe least aggressive out of the angels,
give me your thoughts
bob

S

surfinusa

its a 50/50 chance they could be peaceful or could kill eachother

turbo21

that's the dilemma, the majestic has been in my friends aquarium for about 4 years, and he is taking his tank down. it has always been a peaceful fish, my french is also a very peaceful fish :notsure:
bob

nicetry

Originally Posted by turbo21
my french is also a very peaceful fish :notsure:
bob
French angels can be very nasty. Yours may have been peaceful up until now, but add another angel to the French's territory and all bets are off. You could try it but be ready to remove one if the aggression is to intense or doesn't stop within a reasonable time. The fact that the majestic is larger might work in your favor, but majestics are pretty passive for large angels. Post back how it turns out. I'm interested.

turbo21

well i think the plan for now is to set up my 75 for her as a q tank, then put her in with the angel, if it doesn't work she can go in my buddies 125, we have already spoke about this, imay not get her till next week
bob