Majestic Angel

badboy822

I added a Majestic Angel to my tank 5 days ago. All he has done is hide, which I know is normal. My concern is that he may not be eating. How long could he go without eating? I put Romaine lettuce in everyday and also put Angel formula in a grid clip so that if he comes out there is always food. Any advise would be helpful and appreciated. Thanx.
Craig
[This message has been edited by BADBOY822 (edited 12-15-2000).]

badboy822

The tank is 125 gallon, about 4 months old. The water conditions are all good. He is about 4 inches long so no he is not a juvi. I don't mind telling what I paid ... $115.00. Not concerned about the $$$, just the fact that he is such a beautiful fish and I don't want him to die. How can I make it less stressful for him sohe will come out and eat. What about leaving the light off for a couple of days?
Craig

badboy822

I have a small half black angel, Lunar wrasse, clown, and a red hawk. All much smaller and very mellow. None are aggressive. I also have a cleaner shrimp and a banded shrimp. Like I said I put angel formula 2 in a grid clip. He should go after that as that is what he ate at the store. He also ate brine shrimp which I feed too.

jimi

You should try brine or better yet mysis shrimp to get him eating. He may be too shy to go to a lettuce clip and even know the seaweed sheet is food yet. By thw way just because he is four inches does not mean he is not a juvi. its the coloration.

badboy822

Well he is beautiful. Brite yellow and blue with flourescent blue trimming. AWESOME looking. He won't come out at all. I have 1 big rock with a bunch of holes/caves. He is way up inside one of the caves. How long can he go without food and will he starve himself to death or will hunger eventually bring him out?