Making my own clown food!!

katsafados

So it will be my first time. So far I have:
2 jumbo prawns
4 white pacific shrimp
4 scallops
a tiny tiny piece of salmon (like a pop bottle cap)
4 tiny scraps of hadock
half a squid
and some green seaweed.
Out of these vitamins what should I add(or can I add all of them?)??
selcon
Vita-Chem Marine
Garlic Xtreme
Zoe
Any other suggestions???

uneverno

Chop finely w/ bread crumbs, mayonnaise, scallions, yellow onions and a tiny bit of dijon mustard.
Fry lightly 2-3 mins/side. Serve with a baby green salad.
Sorry - couldn't resist. Yer fish are eating better than I do.

katsafados

haha I know eh!
Well I work in a kitchen so I got all of that stuff for free haha!
So I'm guessing you dont make fish food? haha I wanted to make some since all my LFS has is brine, mysis, and blood worms.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3072319
haha I know eh!
Well I work in a kitchen so I got all of that stuff for free haha!

So I'm guessing you dont make fish food? haha I wanted to make some since all my LFS has is brine, mysis, and blood worms.
Sounds to me like you STOLE it

katsafados

Welll.. they do take $4 out of my pay every shift for lunch and ect. and some days I dont eat and the money still comes off my pay,,,, sooooooo
not really stealing haha there just contributing to my fish tank:D

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3072344
Welll.. they do take $4 out of my pay every shift for lunch and ect. and some days I dont eat and the money still comes off my pay,,,, sooooooo
LOL..I'm just teasing you...I have worked in lots of restaurants. I know how it works

mr.clownfish

http:///forum/post/3072344
just make sure none of that is cooked.

oh and i would add some lobster and crab to that. i made fish food with lobster and crab with squid and a huge tilapia fillet with black mussels (do not at any mussels because they stink)
and 2 diffrent kind of shrimps. but i ended up throwing all of it away cause it maid my nitrate go up like 2 levels.

arvins

Kats this is what I posted in your other thread but, the stuff you are using looks fine. I'd add some crab, mussels and go ahead and use the selcon in my opinion, just a few drops kind of like the garlic.
6 shrimp
1 crab leg
1 sole fillet
4 scallops
4 mussels
1 small chopped squid
Chopped Nori
3-4 Drops of Garlic Extract
Throw it all in a small blender for a few mins then put it in sandwich bags and freeze (I use one of the old trays from store bought food put this stuff in those then place it inside a ziploc and freeze)
Remember this isn't my recipe, came from another site.

I tried making my own but my clowns never took to it. They would get all excited, try it, but then spit it out. I've been giving it to my 'nem every once and a while just to get rid of it. I will say that my anemone has just about doubled in size since I've been feeding it this stuff.