Making water for changes

section143

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how they prepare their water for their water changes. I prepare 4 gallons at a time using RO water and 2 cups of instant ocean. I've been keeping a pretty healthy reef for 3 years on this mix as long as I don't slack on water changes. Do i need to add anything else to this mix to boost the quality of my water?

salt210

do you test the water before it goes into the tank? shouldnt need to add anything.
If it aint broke, dont fix it

section143

I do test it before i put it in....calcium level is at a 360 or so and ph is almost 8.... i just started the thread to see if anyone had a "special" formula that has outstanding success...

flower

Originally Posted by Section143
http:///forum/post/3110110
I do test it before i put it in....calcium level is at a 360 or so and ph is almost 8.... i just started the thread to see if anyone had a "special" formula that has outstanding success...
Welcome to the site...Sounds like you are doing just fine with what you have set up. I agree..if it ain't broke...
Have any pictures, I would love to see your tank.

salt210

just to ask, but are you only doing 4g changes at a time or is that how you are keeping track of your mixing?

section143

It's only a 29 gallon tank so its kind of both salt210.. i mix the 4 and change roughly that bi weekly...there is a picture of it on page 23 of the nano reef tank club in the nano tank section flower.