mall of america

hawkeyes73

just got back from mall of america for like the 10th time but thats not the point... I went to the underwater adventures aqarium... its pretty cool.... 1.2 million gallon tank.... I'd say about 3/4 of it is salt water including many sharks... 1 of them 6.5 feet long... also in that is a 78000 gallon reef tank. They also have smaller tanks : like 50 piranhas sp? another with 20 lionfish... another with moon jelly fish.. another with an octopus.. another with huge starish... and also a big open pool to touch like 10 stingray and like 10 sharks... if anyone has a chance they should go and its only like 10 bucks! The rainforest cafe also has some pretty cool tanks with some big sw fish. the only bad part is it makes ya jealous :nope:

cnlight

I have been there, but the only thing I didn't like about rain forest cafe's tanks is they are too tall, and the fish seemed stressed. I talked to one of the lfs that used to sell fish to them and they won't anymore because of all the deaths they have had.
Underwater world is great though, their reef setup is amazing.

hawkeyes73

now that I think about the tall tanks ur right.. but the one that was in my mind was just a regular tank and they seemed to be okay so who knows I guess... still kinda cool... not our problem haha

mytank

One Saturday morning, I was watching National Geographic and they did a documentary on the world's largest aquarium that is new and it's in Valencia Spain. It was really neat watching it, they showed the water purification system and showed how everything is ran. It was really interesting. They even have 2 beluga whales in there.
Sadly, to say the many times that I have been to the mall of america I have never been to the aquarium. And I am originally from Minnesota and spend many many hours at the mall.

malounsbury

I used to work at the National Aquarium in Baltimore. It seems sort of old and outdated, at least the displays, but it was built in the 80's so some stuff is somewhat dated. They have two main buildings, one that has 5 floors with a rainforest on the top (even has two sloths up there) and the second building is called the Marine Mammal Pavilion where they have the dolphins and the amphatheatre for the dolphon shows.