Man code?

spanko

No confidentiality problem? If I were one of the clients I may not see that the same way. Kind of seems like sleeping with the enemy sort of thing.
Wait....
.........that is exactly what it would be

crimzy

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3105076
No confidentiality problem? If I were one of the clients I may not see that the same way. Kind of seems like sleeping with the enemy sort of thing.
Wait....
.........that is exactly what it would be

I understand the concern that a client may have. But in reality Spanks... during s-x, I rarely shout out client's secrets. Only happens occasionally...

zman1

Obviously, this is somewhat of a dilemma for you. Just know, she is not the last ham sandwich in hungry town.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/3105086
I understand the concern that a client may have. But in reality Spanks... during s-x, I rarely shout out client's secrets. Only happens occasionally...

Unless of course, she "stops" at the right "moment" and you are left "hanging" unless you provide said secrets.

crypt keeper

If he is a real friend he wont care. If he is petty and going to cry about some girl neither of you plan to marry then maybe he needs his man card revoked for a little.
Personally Id tag it and play the lets see what happens later card.

U

usirchchris

http:///forum/post/3105071
I was thinking about this and I don't think there is a problem. There is no conflict of professional interests, nor would there be any confidentiality problems. I don't see any ethical rule that would address an issue like this. Spoke to my buddy about this issue to and he did not see an ethical problem here.
As far as the clients go, it's not their business what I do in my personal life and I see no reason it would affect the case...
From your point of view it may seem pretty logical as you control the situation. However, if I was your client and I found out you were sleeping with the opposing team...I would be finding another lawyer to see what I could charge you both with

fanker

the question is is did he get with her? in the earlier post u said a late night booty call....... well if he did than ur kinda getting sloppy seconds. so its up to u really if u just want a botty call or a friend/with benifits

tank a holic

yes some poeple take "dibbs" too far
the thing I'm saying here is if you would have said "may the best man win" this wouldn't be an issue
if he would have said "I got dibbs" and you said "I dont think so" this wouldn't be an issue
but you gave him first chance, you told him you'd back off you said bro's before hoe's you can have her
now you want to take it all back (understandibly so) since he isn't taking advantage of your backing off
but man law dictates that you cant just say screw it and tread on what is now (because of your own generosity) his turf
if yall are good enough friends you just go to him and say "dude you're lettin me down, I'm gonna go after it since you aint"
but if you find that he's made her his "buddy" and he doesn't want to share you need to find another one
and whats wrong with seconds? who ain't had em? it aint like its same night seconds (that would be bad)

stdreb27

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/3104797
Your friend is being childish and selfish. Unless you're dating his girlfriend, he shouldn't be upset at all. The bad friendship you have is because of HIM, not you. What right does he have to keep you from a good relationship with a girl? .
You guys are heartless. If my friend was chasing a chick, I didn't go make it harder by chasing her too. If he caught her, I didn't go steal her away. If she was really interesting, and he let her go, (what it sounds like here) then I would consider it...
It isn't dibs or anything. It is messing with a little more than that as far as the guy goes...
Originally Posted by zman1

http:///forum/post/3105140
Obviously, this is somewhat of a dilemma for you. Just know, she is not the last ham sandwich in hungry town.
I dunno he does live in Detroit. Is there anyone left there?

crimzy

I think at this point I am going to chill and see how things play out, however not because of my love for my boy or for the infamous man-code. It may be surprising, but my motives are slightly less virtuous...
Her and I will have to continue to talk for at least a couple months because of our case. So I can focus on some other things that I have in the hopper right now. During this time, she will of course be wondering why, despite all our flirting, I am not trying to sleep with her.
At some point, the right opportunity will arise... for instance, "Hey crimzy, me and a couple girlfriends are going to a pajama party. Why don't you come with us?" At that point, it's ooooonnnnnnnn!!!
Better to sit back and let things play out here. She's not going anywhere...

shogun323

http:///forum/post/3105662
At some point, the right opportunity will arise... for instance, "Hey crimzy, me and a couple girlfriends are going to a pajama party. Why don't you come with us?" At that point, it's ooooonnnnnnnn!!!
Better to sit back and let things play out here. She's not going anywhere...
Nice. Remember, every pillow fight needs a referee and it never hurts to have a camcorder handy!!!!

tank a holic

spanko said sloppy seconds suspended by sepulation
say that sen symes sast
what?
btw sep sorry bout the blackberry jam

reefforbrains

Crimzy- You already know the answer, she IS off limits. The code between guys that woman think is silly but we live by is in full effect.
Time limits, or rationalizing something does not help in this situation. Put your amazing deductive reasoning and rational arguments aside. You already know the answer.
There IS an unspoken rule, if he has any intrest and he was first, then you stand down.. Like it or not how he handles his approach, you stand down until given the clear signal. Even if it takes him years, your duty is to quietly stand aside and move on to other pastures. With earnest to be his wingman to the end...No sabotage or moonlighting.
It is just some fling, then who cares,....go fling with someone else. Dont break the rules or you will be THAT guy. No one likes THAT guy.