Mandarin and Tank Pics

t316

Very nice, and clean. Have you ever had a problem with pods (enough supply) for the mandarin, or do you buy extras and add them?

doodle1800

I buy live brine shrimp once in awhile, pour the whole cup in there. My tank is about 2 years setup now and with the LR, it seems the pods are enough, but I add the brine to help out just in case.

doodle1800

thats a $7 common anemone about 3 years old... nice and healthy -
FYI brown when healthy, white when malnourished.

nycbob

surprised that little rocks can support the mandarin. i am sure eating brine helps him. mine never comes out. i see him once a week at most. nice fish.

t316

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2464656
surprised that little rocks can support the mandarin. i am sure eating brine helps him. mine never comes out. i see him once a week at most. nice fish.
Once a week? I was about to get one of these...I thought they were front and center 24/7 fish

I've been doing my homework on the diet, but I didn't know they were a hide n' seek fish

doodle1800

little rocks? There's quite a few in there. Enough for 1 Mandarin. Pic doesn't do justice to how many rocks are in there. Its a 90 tank. But you're right - I was thinking of adding a lot more base rock under and getting the wall higher.
When I turn on the lights - pods scurry...

doodle1800

Mine is always out - fat and happy, likes to look at himself in the glass, out front. Maybe he's trying to tell me there's no more food !!

t316

Originally Posted by doodle1800
http:///forum/post/2464667
Mine is always out - fat and happy, likes to look at himself in the glass, out front. Maybe he's trying to tell me there's no more food !!

That's more along the lines of what I had heard. I don't want another fish that I have to nickname Waldo.

azfishgal

Very nice. I've been waiting to get a Mandarin. My tank is a year old now so as soon as my baby Bangaiis are out of the QT and in their new homes, I will be able to finally add one to my reef tank.