Mangrove pods

T

tizzo

Some of you don't have the convenience of living near the mangrove trees. I live about an hour away, so when I hit the beach, I pick up a few...
Now, I'll sell them...
2.00 a piece and 5 bucks for shipping. 5 bucks will pay for as many as 25 in continental US (priority USPS).
If you are interested, PM me. I have a few, and I mean a few, with roots, but I hear the roots wanna break off in shipping...
I will be bumping this thread as long as they are in season.
Here's some of them...

tbcseod

Interested in maybe 10 of them....... maybe more. Shoot me payment details and I will try and guesstimate how many I could get going in my fug's
~t

spanko

So what do they require to grow. My "fuge" is the middle chamber of a 29 gallon bio cube. it has a bag of purigen, a bag of chemipure, and a ball of Chaeto. Do the mangroves need sand to root in, rock to attach to, would they just kind of hang out in the water??

T

tizzo

Tbc, you have a pm
I have done a quick search on them. They are definitely nitrate removers. The do not have to be rooted in soil. Some people put holes in styrophoam so the leaves come out the top and roots out the bottom while they float around the tank.
I have also seen where people submerge the entire plant wedged in the rocks, leaves and all, and those did fine also. Although I wouldn't recommend that way...

T

tizzo

FYI
I googled "mangrove pods aquarium" and there is lots of info.

tbcseod

Thats how I got into using Mangroves - Nitrate exporter. I take mine and cut off the bottom 1/2 inch or so of a Styrofoam cup, poke a hole in center and push the pod into the hole - put the "floaty" in the fudge with the little rim up and let the roots grow out below it - works pretty well

T

tizzo

I saw a tank yesterday where theguy zip tied the pods to his equipment. Hoses and overflows. Kinds neat.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by DameInDistress
http:///forum/post/2725617
How many are left? How do you prefer payment?
i could use quite quite a few of these..
Joo have PM.

And for anyone else who wants to know... I have pretty much an unlimited amount.

But again, only 25 pods per 5 dollar shipping amount.

tbcseod

Got my pods and just wanted to say thank you - they all arrived looking good

I don;t know about most places but around here (Denver) these are often hard to come by and have seen them f/s for much more than what Tizzo is asking.
Thanks again Tizzo

T

tizzo

Tbc, thanks for mentioning... Glad you got them OK!

Pumper, I sent you an email. You may wanna remove your addy now as spam will have a hostile takeover!