Mantis tank...anyone remember me??

nwdyr

I am BBBAAAACCKKKK!!!! lol!!! what up my little fishy friends!! yep , I could not stay out of this goofy hobby. Well.....first tank will be a 14gal bio , LS , LR anddddd.... a MANTIS SHRIMP
Was always so afraid of gettin em so I figured if I actually have one in a tank my other tank will be ok...right? ( yes I said "other" tank) I am also looking for some feed back from you about the "new" nano tanks on the market. My tank is commin 2marrow , LR and cycled water from a friends 2yr old 150gal reef tank Friday night. I am going to order the clown mantis soon. But those of you who know me , know I cant stay small for long! So help me decide on another nano tank , give me the "good" and the "bad" on all the new ones. Look forward to hearing the reviews and hope to talk to some old friends here soon. YIPPPIEEEEE....sorry just happy to be back
...and YES I will post pic's

nwdyr

cool...one of the old kids! lol thanks for the welcome. thinkin about the JBJ quad , but I dont want to run a chiller. Read some reviews and some say no heat prob. and others say heat IS a prob
I really like the L.E.D. JBJ but they want 750.00 for it! to much for a nano Imo

nwdyr

guess there are not too many of the "old kids" around anymore huh ?
..... got the tank today
, I will post pic's tomorrow. Just a empty tank right now. I am picking up the cycled water and LR tomorrow night. have to wait for a coupon in the mail before I can order the mantis
This "other" site cant order it until I actually get the stupid coupon in the mail! DUH its the same place I got the tank from , dont get how they cant just credit me and send the killer....hmmm I dont like waiting! I will have to fig. out a way around this. Until then I will rearrange my LR about 100x's
also going to make a "den" for Mr.Mantis out of some PVC ( in a L shape) and glue some LR to it , also going to put some thick plexi on the bottom of the tank....just in case ..... So really NOBODY has ANYTHING to say about the new nano's???? wow...this place used to be full of good info :(

spanko

Welcome back.
Can't help on the new tanks, still running the 29 biocube.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/332430/spankos-bio-cube-what-in-posidens-name-is-he-up-to-now
I do like the looks of the 34 Solana but pricey they are.

nwdyr

hmmm never heard of that one , I will have to google it. Thanks for the suggestion , your tank still looks great! Happy to see you are still around.

nwdyr

just looked up that tank......yep...a little too much for me too! I really want a rimless tank but cant seem to make it work as far as the money goes. There are some really cool plug-n-plays now , and the overall price is better....hmmm SOOO confused! Guess I should just get this one up and running first huh? lol

nissan577

what about the finnex or cadlights?!?!
and YOUR BACK!!!!
woohoo!!!!

im glad i cant wait this baby to be set up!!!!
IMO the cadlights are really amazing!
built in refugium and t5.
here some info
22 gallon nano tank the dimensions are: 23.75"length x 14.25"width x 14.5" height.
The package includes our 4 bulb 96w High Output T5 fixture with 2 X 1W LED High Output moonlights for simulated natural nightlight. Specifically designed for reef aquariums with our integrated full size built-in refugium. Pump rated flow at 400GPH @3.5feet mid-return flow kit (closed loop), great for corals that require direct and high flow environments. This package is great for all types of reef ranging from (LPS) corals to (SPS) corals that require lots of light. T5 is a great choice for lower heat applications without sacrificing light. It includes (2) 10,000k daylights, (2) 03 true actinic blue bulbs and (2) LED-HO moonlights. The light comes with manual switch controls and 2 separate wires for installing a timer.
SPECS:
*High Output 4 x 24w bulbs T5 lighting With Individual reflectors (10,000k daylight, 03 true actinic blue) 96 watts.
* 2 X 1W LEDHO moonlights *Extra thick 7mm (5/16"), seamless bow front glass panels.
*Diamond and mitered "Glaziers" edges.
*Full size refugium built with black Cell-cast acrylic.
*All filter media, pump and fittings included.
*Flip-up hinged mounting legs.
*Includes bio-balls, padding, 400gph@3.5feet pump and bottom flow return.

nwdyr

Good to see you!! allot of new people here , is Blazin still around?? I will google that tank , sounds good. Have to see the price now :( lol.. anyone know of a good place to buy these guys? I know we are not supposed to talk about that now that SWF sells stuff , but they dont sell mantis shrimp
anyway PM me or e-mail me if you know of a good place. I know the "other" place( the Doc's) sells them but not a big variety there.

nwdyr

WOW....those cadlights tank are cool! I just got the 14gal bio and for what i paid I could have had the cadlights 12gal and that one is WAYYY cooler!
. o well.... wish there was a tank between the 22 & 39gal. The price between those 2 is pretty big. I do like the 22gal (only 249.00) but the 39gal jumps up to 649.00 kinda big jump...hmmmm more options. thanks for the idea! any more?????

nissan577

what about the finnex tanks???? and blazin isnt around. Rebel was here but he doesnt post idk why

here some info of the Finnex

System includes:
# Acrylic tank:
# Style: Bow front, built-in filtration chamber and refugium chamber
# Material: domestic 1/4" cell cast acrylic
# Capacity & dimension: 20 gallon, 21"L x 14 1/2"W x 15 7/8" H
# Lighting fixture:
# Hood: Corrosion resistant powder coated aluminum hood
# Wattage & type: 36W x 2, straight pin power compact
# Lighting option: HQI 150W 10,000k/18W x 2 actinic blue combo lighting (MT-2102Q)
# Includes 13W refugium lighting (aluminum hood)
# Filtration:
# 4 layers rain tray built-in wet/dry filter
# Filtration material: Ceramic bio ring, fine and coarse filtration sponge
# Water return pump: 475 gph
How system works:
Water flows into rain tray chamber first, then, use only one pump (475 gph) “T” out to refugium chamber and to main tank. A valve equipped on the top of the refugium pipe controlled the water flow to the refugium chamber.
No pump in the refugium chamber. Use the different water level to let the water flow back to the main tank.
Additional Photos
http://www.***************.com/finnex/MT-2102.jpg

nwdyr

I was always a fan of finnex but I remember them as being a little high in price , but I will look again. They are nice looking tanks also!

nwdyr

I could not find a mid-size Finnex , 20-25gal , so the price is a little more then i want to spend. The cad has a 22gal for 249-329.00 Where the finnex is 600-700 for a 39gal. Big diff. in size but I would prob. re-consider the JBJ quad at that point ( 399.00) just worried about heat with that one. read reviews that say "no prob." then ones that say "need a chiller"
Wish I could test drive one! lol

nwdyr

Thanks nissan , I drove in a snow storm last night! winds , ice , white out conditions , cars off the road all over , back streets with no lights etc... BUT I HAD to get my LR and established water from my buddy!
I am such a child! anyway , set it up last night. I think it looks pretty cool for a little 14gal. I tried to bury the PVC as much as I could with sand , then just piled up some rubble rock around for Mr.Mantis to fix how he likes. Now my g/f is as fired up as me! she actually asked if we could go get a coral today. Welllllll she twisted my arm
she bought a real nice bubble coral , it was open until I took these pic's... Hope its ok! It opened up about 20min after I put it in...geezz Now I am worried
ok....haven't done this in a long time , actually Cyndi is right here , so if this works she prob. did it