mappa puffer

slackjawed

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2713917
What's the issue Slack? Why does he have to go?
bio load!!!! lol im lookin 4 a 200 just for him, (whitch is still 2 small) cant really find one worth the $$ dont wanna spend a lot now, savin for 500 but i did save him he allready would be dead the guy was gonna toss him out(no one would take him),so all you people who think im a a$$ are wrong!!!some one gotta take him cuz im not keepin for long,and i have about a $ 100 in him with gas in time so i want something

lion_crazz

Like I said in the PM with you, if what you want to do is look out for the best for this animal, get rid of it at a decent cost so that you have more people willing to give him a good home. You have stressed this huge fish by putting it in a packed 180. I would not pay $100 for a fish that could potentially be very stressed.
There is no way you have spent $100 in time and gas on this fish.The average price of gas in Wisconsin is 3.80 and even if you are driving an SUV, you still could get 18 mpg because if it is a long trip, it has to be mostly highway or long roads. So, if you drove 80 miles out of your way to get the fish, you spent $16.88 in gas.
Time does not have a concrete value but you are doing something you love. So let's just say time is of minimal importance (Wisconsin's minimum wage is $6.50). If you spent three hours going to pick the fish up, and then another 3 hours acclimating it, that is 6 hours. That equals out to $39 worth of time.
Thus, you have spent $55.88 on this fish. At your original asking price of $200, you were making 300% profit off of this fish. Seems like you care more about the $ than you do the fish.

lion_crazz

And the only reason I posted the above post is because of the flaming PM that you sent me when I deleted your original post.
Your original post was deleted because it referenced cruelty to animals. Then you said you only said those things because you are running out of options. I am giving you a very viable option right here.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2714015
Like I said in the PM with you, if what you want to do is look out for the best for this animal, get rid of it at a decent cost so that you have more people willing to give him a good home. You have stressed this huge fish by putting it in a packed 180. I would not pay $100 for a fish that could potentially be very stressed.
There is no way you have spent $100 in time and gas on this fish.The average price of gas in Wisconsin is 3.80 and even if you are driving an SUV, you still could get 18 mpg because if it is a long trip, it has to be mostly highway or long roads. So, if you drove 80 miles out of your way to get the fish, you spent $16.88 in gas.
Time does not have a concrete value but you are doing something you love. So let's just say time is of minimal importance (Wisconsin's minimum wage is $6.50). If you spent three hours going to pick the fish up, and then another 3 hours acclimating it, that is 6 hours. That equals out to $39 worth of time.
Thus, you have spent $55.88 on this fish. At your original asking price of $200, you were making 300% profit off of this fish. Seems like you care more about the $ than you do the fish.
like i said in pm 2 u i make 37 .65 a hr union wages
thats the only reason i live on the il wis border!!!!!!!!! all good all i can say is i triin 2 save him but its not lookin 2 good.

lion_crazz

We are not talking the time you spent on your job though. Work and hobby are two different things. Saltwater fish keeping is a hobby. People are supposed to love their hobby, otherwise they would not do it. So time really has minimal importance in a hobby. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and agreeing that no time is ever completely worthless.
Besides, if you make union wages, why would you be so worried about $15 in gas and 6 hours of your time?

slackjawed

http:///forum/post/2714024
And the only reason I posted the above post is because of the flaming PM that you sent me when I deleted your original post.
Your original post was deleted because it referenced cruelty to animals. Then you said you only said those things because you are running out of options.
plenty of options he was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELL LESS THE 58 BUCKS OR SO I GOT IN HIM. AS YOU SAY

hlcroghan

This why we all think it is a shame that you ended up with this fish. Everyone here who has seen you post knew that this would end badly. And here it is.....a fish too large that you can't take care of it and it is completely stressed out and now you can't get rid of it. Have you thought of your LFS? I am sure they would love to have a fish like that on display. At least they would have the ability to house it hopefully. Or maybe someone on this site?

slackjawed

http:///forum/post/2714029
We are not talking the time you spent on your job though. Work and hobby are two different things. Saltwater fish keeping is a hobby. People are supposed to love their hobby, otherwise they would not do it. So time really has minimal importance in a hobby. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and agreeing that no time is ever completely worthless.
Besides, if you make union wages, why would you be so worried about $15 in gas and 6 hours of your time?
thanks two days off werk triin to help this fish ..do the math guy ,SOUNDS LIKE IM LOOSIN $$ TO ME .but thanks again

slackjawed

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2714034
This why we all think it is a shame that you ended up with this fish. Everyone here who has seen you post knew that this would end badly. And here it is.....a fish too large that you can't take care of it and it is completely stressed out and now you can't get rid of it. Have you thought of your LFS? I am sure they would love to have a fish like that on display. At least they would have the ability to house it hopefully. Or maybe someone on this site?
no the guy who had it triied to get rid of it 4 weeks no one would buy it,i called on it found out it was to big 4 me i,i passed on it .two days ago he called me said no lfs wood take it from him (TO BIG)so he asked if i wanted it?i thought about it (on the thoughts it was 7 ") for free?sure ill find a home i was thinkin .was not 7 but 12" hes way way 2 big .if it was 2 months from now ill probley be ready ill have the 500 i hope so

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2714015
The average price of gas in Wisconsin is 3.80 and even if you are driving an SUV, you still could get 18 mpg because if it is a long trip, it has to be mostly highway or long roads.

I drive an SUV and get less than 17 mpg.

I realize that this is a completely useless post in this thread.

hlcroghan

Well you have the two tanks right? If you are only talking two months, do you think that you could shift some fish around so he is less stressed and then once you get that tank set up, you could keep him? It seems like a shame to get rid of such a beautiful fish. I am saying this realizing that your tanks are already over crowded as it is but if no one is willing to take him then at least you could try to do it.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2714052
Well you have the two tanks right? If you are only talking two months, do you think that you could shift some fish around so he is less stressed and then once you get that tank set up, you could keep him? It seems like a shame to get rid of such a beautiful fish. I am saying this realizing that your tanks are already over crowded as it is but if no one is willing to take him then at least you could try to do it.
lol
75 has 7 fish
180 16 fish
cant do it i dont want the bio from the mappa
hes not stressed he was after a 3 hr car ride doin ok now ate a little this mornin(shrimp)no live feeders lol
yet

hlcroghan

Well its better than having a bunch of fish die and this one too. Maybe they can hold it for you and when you get your 500 you can put him back into the tank and have a huge show fish......that sounds like the best plan yet to me.