maracyn-two

nurjrk

Hey, I bought a six-line about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The other day I noticed what looks to be like the start of a fungus on his left side by his tail fin. He has been in a 10 gal. QT since his purchase. All tank params. are within normal limits. He is acting normal, and eating great. I am feeding Prime Reef and Mysis Shrimp with garlic xtreme 2 time a day. I started to dose with maracyn-two (today is day 3). I tried to attach a picture but it is too big on my smallest setting on my camera. It (the spot of fungus) looks the same, if not just a little bit bigger. Should I continue with my treatment? Should I also do hypo? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you provide more details about exactly what you are seeing. And, if you can, post a picture.

nurjrk

Beth, I tried to post a pic. but when I take it on the lowest setting it is still too big, and I don't know how to make it fit. What I am seeing is an area about the size of an eraser head that has lost its scales and looks a little bit like a fungus.
Thanks,
Jeff

nurjrk

Am I at least on the right track with using the maracyn-two? If it is a fungus how long should it take to clear up? The box says to use for only 5 days.
Thanks,
Jeff

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I do think that Maracyn Two would be a good choice. I'll post up for Terry to take notice of your thread too.
To get a reduced picture size, use your Paint program if you have windows. In the IMAGE menu, choose Stretch/Skew option. This will enlarge or make your pics smaller. To check out the size, save, then in the same IMAGE menu, choose Attributes. It will tell you the pixil size. Remember to save your altered pic before checking attributes. Pics of 102400 pixils can be posted at SWF.com.